DAVID JONES from THE DEPARTURE
1. Who are you?
2. No, really, who are you?
A young man who is passionate about life, especially the creative side of things .and who is also bored of Generation X.
3. What are you up to at the moment?
Writing and recording our debut album, and playing shows.
4. What three rules would make up your manifesto?
We don’t have a manifesto.
5. If you were the dictator of a modern industrial country, what would
you abolish? What laws would you implement?
I would abolish Sunday opening hours, and ban most television.
6. What are your lyrics about?
They represent youth culture .boredom, disenchantment with relationships and society
7. What is your opinion on the contemporary music scene? What do you
I think it is a very exciting time for young British bands right now, especially those who hold guitars! I dislike Mcfly and like Franz Ferdinand and the Futureheads. In other words I like to be challenged and to be offered some excitement.
8. What distinguishes you from your peers?
We are very refined in our approach to songwriting, and whether we like it or not, write accessible music with a pop sensibility. We also pride
ourselves on our live performance, which can be intense.
9. Where do you see yourself in five years time?
Writing songs in my bedroom.
10. Any regrets?
They don’t get you anywhere!!! Regrets that is.