JOE DANIEL from THE VIOLETS
1. Who are you?
A punk-delicate three-piece from New Cross, London.
2. No, really, who are you?
Alexis, Joe, and Andrew.
3. What are you up to at the moment?
Halfway through a glass of Merlot.
4. What three rules would make up your manifesto?
No rules, instinct over intellect. But if pushed, I’d say no musical excess, good manners, and a smart jacket.
5. If you were the dictator of a modern industrial country, what would
you abolish? What laws would you implement?
I’d enforce good manners, smart clothes, and make ‘Jet’ a crime.
6. What are your lyrics about?
7. What is your opinion on the contemporary music scene? What do you
It’s not very inspiring. You still have to look to the past for anything that is good or stands out.
I like The Fucks, The Long Blondes, Lene Lovich, Adam Ant, and I dislike The Open, The Ordinary Boys, and the shamelessness of Morrissey’s comeback.
8. What distinguishes you from your peers?
9. Where do you see yourself in five years time?
Is this a job interview?
10. Any regrets?
Not yet, we’ll let you know.