GEORGE and JEMMA from THE FUCKS
1. Who are you?
George Barker and Jemma Freeman.
2. No, really, who are you?
A sexually repressed victorian and a scary bear that needs a hug.
3. What are you up to at the moment?
Recovering from a brain haemmorage (really).
4. What three rules would make up your manifesto?
Do you mean my personal manifesto – or the bands’? Mine (though I would think long and hard about putting these opinions in lyrics, is near impossible to do without undermining the point) –
5. If you were the dictator of a modern industrial country, what would
you abolish? What laws would you implement?
Stick my penis into a maris piper, becoming a ‘dick-tater’.
6. What are your lyrics about?
Urban street racism.
7. What is your opinion on the contemporary music scene? What do you
I like the Pixies circa 1987 and David Bowie. We both dislike sting and subsequently the o-zone layer.
8. What distinguishes you from your peers?
I’m slightly taller than the average man and Jemma is slightly shorter than the average woman.
9. Where do you see yourself in five years time?
10. Any regrets?
Losing my religion.