STEVEN ADAMS from THE BROKEN FAMILY BAND
1. Who are you?
2. No, really, who are you?
Steven Adams. I sing and play the guitar in The Broken Family Band.
3. What are you up to at the moment?
Sitting down after some noodle soup, with some apple juice. With breadsticks at hand.
4. What three rules would make up your manifesto?
Always escalate. Look after your friends. Eat humble pie only when necessary.
5. If you were the dictator of a modern industrial country, what would you abolish? What laws would you implement?
I’d introduce the concept of democracy and retire before being ousted in a bloodless coup for financial incompetence. The laws would depend on the country, you know, look at what laws they already had and go from there.
6. What are your lyrics about?
Just stuff. Personal politics, booze.
7. What is your opinion on the contemporary music scene? What do you like/dislike?
Its good at the moment, at least where I am. If I need new music there’s always something available… I’m loving TV On The Radio, Jolie Holland, Josh Ritter, Devendra Banhardt, USA Is A Monster, Timothy Victor, Dillinger Escape Plan, Herman Dune and Resonance FM at the moment. I don’t like Thrice and all those emo bands, but that doesn’t mean I think they’re no good, they just don’t do it for me.
8. What distinguishes you from your peers?
Genius and a heightened sense of self worth. Use of a silly accent whilst singing. My band is better than their bands. I bet we have more fun as well; we love each other.
9. Where do you see yourself in five years time?
North London, painting a room.
10. Any regrets?
Yes. Sophie Littlefair and Greta from New Zealand.
Actually, I changed my my mind – Greta from New Zealand turned out to be alright! So my only regrets are Sophie Littlefair and not saving the drowning man.