1. Who are you?
Alex Kapranos, singer in a pop group.
2. No, really, who are you?
Some guy from Glasgow.
3. What are you up to at the moment?
Sitting naked and hungover in a San Francisco hotel room, beginning to recall the mayhem of the night before.
4. What three rules would make up your manifesto?
1.Trust 2. Your 3. Guts
5. If you were the dictator of a modern industrial country, what would you abolish? What laws would you implement?
I’d pass a law preventing celebrities from standing for election and abolish private healthcare and education.
6. What are your lyrics about?
People around me and what they do.
7. What is your opinion on the contemporary music scene? What do you like/dislike?
It seems healthy, promising. I like real bands that aren’t afraid to play pop music. I hate musicians who are
wilfully obscure. I also hate performers who are more interested in the trappings of fame than performing.
8. What distinguishes you from your peers?
I don’t know haircut?
9. Where do you see yourself in five years time?
I have always tried to not look much further than five weeks into the future.
10. Any regrets?
Getting into a couple of fights last night.