NATHAN from THE REVERSE
1. Who are you?
The singer with The Reverse.
2. No, really, who are you?
Ok, I’m Nathan
3. What are you up to at the moment?
In an internet cafe, Magic FM playing the delcate strains of Crowded House’s “The Weather With You” in the background; a strange looking girl keeps looking in my direction, i’m staring straight ahead pretending not to have noticed her. She’s freaking me out a little.
However, if you mean what are the band up to at the moment, we’re in the process of writing and recording a load of new songs, which I’m very excited about.
4. What three rules would make up your manifesto?
1. Don’t go to the Supermarket on an empty stomach.
2. Don’t let the Sun go down on me.
3. Don’t make eye contact with the freaky looking girl in the internet cafe.
5. If you were the dictator of a modern industrial country, what would
you abolish? What laws would you implement?
I would abolish the Modern Industrial model and replace it with an International feudal system based on William The
I, of course, would be King.
6. What are your lyrics about?
The struggle to reconcile the inherent selfishness that comes with the knowledge of one’s own existence with a sense of the wider responsibility that comes with any belief in humanity…
and erm…girls and stuff.
7. What is your opinion on the contemporary music scene? What do you
Like: Bright Eyes, The Magnetic Fields, Outkast, Devandra Bernhart, Jill Scott, Jeffrey Lewis, Scissor Sisters, The Streets, Smog, The Libertines, The Delgados.
Dislike: Daniel Beddingfield!
8. What distinguishes you from your peers?
We’re better! No, really we are.
9. Where do you see yourself in five years time?
Writing, recording and releasing music.
10. Any regrets?