JOHNNY from THE OTHERS
1. Who are you?
Johnny From The Others.
2. No, really, who are you?
I am an Enigma.
3. What are you up to at the moment?
Catching up on lots and lots of emails before the next tour
starts next week. I always reply personally to any emails form
people – I think it’s important to maintain the bond and know
who buys your records.
4. What three rules would make up your manifesto?
Be yourself, be unique, be nice.
5. If you were the dictator of a modern industrial country,
what would you abolish? What laws would you implement?
I would abolish the laws which allow companies to profit from
destroying the world. If you damage the world we live in first
you need to pay and be held responsible, then you prevent the
damage from taking place. Pollution laws and recycling initiatives
in this country are abysmal.
6. What are your lyrics about?
You’ have to ask Dominic about that – I write the music.
7. What is your opinion on the contemporary music scene? What do you
M usic is in better shape than it has been for years, while
it’s worrying that there’s still a market for the likes of Keane
I think enough decent new bands are pushing through to make
it potentially quite excite for quite a while.
8. What distinguishes you from your peers?
We have ideas, we take care of the minutest details, we’re not
only easily distinguishable from our peers but from each other
in the band – how many other bands are so obviously four individuals?
9. Where do you see yourself in five years time?
Having a lovely holiday somewhere? – it helps me sleep at
10. Any regrets?
None. Have you?