JOHN YATES from ELLA GURU
1. Who are you?
Who are YOU?!
2. No, really, who are you?
John from Ella Guru
3. What are you up to at the moment?
About to do a mammoth three gigs in a week.
4. What three rules would make up your manifesto?
There are no rules, which is a shame because there are many fools. Rules are for
fools. But fools don’t follow rules, which is a shame because these are
exactly the people that need the rules.
5. If you were the dictator of a modern industrial country, what would you abolish? What laws would you implement?
Industry. Lets live off the fat o the land.
6. What are your lyrics about?
Many things. That’s very general. Often hope.
7. What is your opinion on the contemporary music scene? What do you like/dislike?
Talking generally, it’s rubbish. I like the things you have to search for. Not
enough people do that, and then complain that there’s nothing around.
8. What distinguishes you from your peers?
We’re not like them.
9. Where do you see yourself in five years time?
I don’t. but if i do, …making music.(
10. Any regrets?